ICE Chat is an instant messaging (IM) platform for financial traders and brokers. It was developed by ICE – The Intercontinental Exchange – an electronic trading platform for OTC energy markets. ICE Chat was designed to help the OTC trading community communicate in a fast, secure, reliable and compliant way.
Instant messages taking place over the ICE Chat platform need to be archived for financial messaging compliance and eDiscovery. This is where Merge1 comes in.
Financial messaging compliance is easily achieved when adding Merge1 to your existing infrastructure. As opposed to other archiving compliance solutions, which require sending your workforce’s critical, sensitive communications to a third party data store, Merge1 captures ICE Chat communications and stores them in your existing email archive, whether on-prem (e.g. Veritas Enterprise Vault) or in the Cloud (e.g. Microsoft Office 365).
Once archived, ICE Chat communications can be retained, supervised for compliance and searched for eDiscovery and internal Information Governance.
Merge1 Excels In Helping Archive ICE Chat Communications
- Captures emails and chats
- Automatically updates to handle vendor schema changes
- Preserves headers, original message time and other data for accurate search and retrieval during eDiscovery
- Captures custom headers (where applicable) to allow for easy search
- Produces a similar look and feel as the native message
- Combines chats into easy to read threads
Julia ParsonsSenior Associate, Russell Investments, Inc.
“We found Globanet’s Merge1 review platform to be relatively inexpensive and easy to use. It serves our complex needs very well.”