Jabber, which originally started as an open source, XML-based messaging protocol, was acquired by Cisco Systems in 2008. Today, it provides users with a wide range of communication and collaboration capabilities, including instant messaging (IM), voice and video calls, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing. Users can access Jabber on multiple devices and operating systems.
Communications taking place over Cisco Jabber can easily be archived when adding Merge1 to your existing infrastructure. As opposed to other archiving compliance solutions, which require sending your workforce’s critical, sensitive communications to a third party data store, Merge1 captures Cisco Jabber communications and stores them in your existing email archive, whether on-prem (e.g. Veritas Enterprise Vault) or in the Cloud (e.g. Microsoft Office 365).
Once archived, Jabber communications can be retained, supervised for compliance and searched for eDiscovery and internal Information Governance.
Merge1 Excels In Helping Archive Jabber Communications
- Captures emails and chats
- Supports persistent chats
- Offers MSSQL and postgres support
- Preserves headers, original message time and other data for accurate search and retrieval during eDiscovery
- Archives custom headers (where applicable) to allow for easy search
- Produces a similar look and feel as the native message
- Combines chats into easy to read threads
David B.IT Manager
“Merge1 works wonderfully well – and is a most effective solution – for capturing our investment bank’s Symphony messages into the archive of our choice. Installation and managing the product is a breeze and the Globanet team is a pleasure to work with. We are grateful for Merge1 enabling Liberum to meet our US (FINRA, SEC, CFTC) and UK (FCA) regulatory compliance obligations.”